Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Great Protein of Eggs without all the Cholesterol!

The Incredible, Edible, Egg! Try saying that ten times fast! 

I am a huge fan of eggs! Nutritionally they are the best source of a complete protein! However, it is recommended to only consume 3-4 eggs per week. What!? I know, heart breaking, or should I say yolk breaking!? hehe ok bad joke! 

Moving on, I have recently started using Quick Whites as a great, easy source of protein in my diet. Unfortunately the egg yolk is what contributes to it being a complete protein, but the whites are great for a lower cholesterol version. 






I picked these up at Trader Joe's, but they are available elsewhere too! 

These are awesome because they are 100% egg whites! NO ADDED INGREDIENTS!! 

Also, there is NO FAT! 

Does it get any better!? No added garbage, no fat, no sugars, no cholesterol, SWEET! 

These Quick Whites are great for omelets, scrambles, egg sandwiches, you can even use them in smoothies and for baking (read the label for specific baking instructions)!

Personally, I am a fan of the omelet: 




This was a simple and quick after workout breaky! 1/3 cup of Quick Whites (equivalent to two large eggs), fresh cut tomatoes, and some cheddar cheese! Yum! 

No splitting the yolk from the white or anything! Easy peasy and a super time saver!

I just used an 8 inch non-stick pan, got the egg whites fully cooked on one side and ready to flip. Once flipped, I added the cheese so it would start melting and then the tomatoes! 

Sometimes I like to add some fresh ground pepper as a nice way to add flavor with no extra calories or sodium! 

Try these Quick Whites and see what yummy items you come up with!



No comments:

Post a Comment