Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Stairway to....?

I HATE missing a workout for silly reasons! So, you can imagine how annoyed I was when my car wouldn't start yesterday morning!! First off, that's just annoying to begin with, and second, I was missing Fitness Kickboxing at Farley's!! I was NOT a happy camper (or should I say kicker!).

After getting a tow truck and realizing my car would be stuck at the dealership all day (and night!) I caught a shuttle ride back home and made the decision to not let this situation ruin my day OR my workout!

I headed out for a nice little run. P.S. Running is FREE, can be done at ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, and is a great work out! 

I am blessed because I have great scenery to check out during my runs :) but regardless of where you live, getting out into the nice, fresh, summer air is one of the best things you can do for yourself! 

Anyway, I realized I had not ran the "Capitola Stairs" in a while. Uh-oh. I had to do it now, I was out and about and running right past this famous, steep set of stairs so I went for it:




Painful? Yes, but also very fun and rewarding! I felt great when I got to the top:




No pain, no gain baby!

Stairs are a great thing to add to you exercise routine whether you walk up them, or can run them! It is a great cardio workout and really busts those glutes!!

Get out there, mix it up, try some stairs, and have some fun!

Happy stair climbing!



No comments:

Post a Comment