Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Buffalo-Style Cauliflower!

If you know me, I love me some hot wings!! Unfortunately, it's not appropriate to eat them everyday, so here's a fun way to spice up your next meal, Buffalo-Style!

Start with one head of cauliflower, chop up into desired size, and then put into an oven safe dish:


Next, drizzle with your choice of hot wing sauce:


I tried this Ashanti brand sauce and it was really yummy and vinegar based, so no fattening butter! 

I used the entire bottle:


I added a little cracked black pepper and mixed everything in together to make it nice an even. Then put it in the oven at 350:


It doesn't take too long to cook! However, it will be up to you as to how well-done you want the cauliflower to be. Mine was in for maybe 20 minutes.

While it was baking I made some zucchini "noodles" and sautéed them up with some olive oil, chili flakes, and chicken sausages:


I went super mellow on the sauce/topping for this part because I knew the wing sauce would be pretty powerful, so it's a good way to balance out flavors.

This funny little combo turned out great!


The spice and the crunch of the cauliflower make for a seemingly hearty side, but leaves you satisfied and not over stuffed and by using the zucchini for "noodles" this is a great way to pack in lots of veggies in one meal!

I had left over cauliflower so I cooked it with my eggs this morning! So good!

How do you add spice to your meals?





No comments:

Post a Comment