Thursday, January 9, 2014

Chicken and Quinoa Noodle Soup

I finally got the chance to break into my new Crock Pot! 

First recipe attempt: Chicken and Quinoa Noodle Soup packed with veggies! 


For this batch I used:
-1 package of all natural white meat chicken breast tenders
-2 cartons of organic chicken broth 
-5 celery stalks
-4 large carrots
-2 bell boppers (one red, one green)
-1 box quinoa pasta 
- chopped cilantro
- diced green chills
-salt and pepper to taste 


First step was prepping and chopping all the veggies!


Then added in some chopped cilantro and diced green chilis (about half a can):


I chose to use chicken breast tenders because they are easy to cut up into nice sized pieces:


Do not fill the crock pot all the way with goodies before adding whatever liquid you are using! 

So, once I had everything prepared I added in the organic chicken broth:



Since one carton wasn't enough to get a good broth going I decided to add my second one, then it was crock time!

All Crock Pots are probably different, but I set mine on high for the entire cook time.


I didn't add the noodles in to the pot till about half way through the cooking time because I didn't want them to get way over done:


You can always add more broth at this time as well, or along the way if it seems to be getting absorbed by all the goods.

The soup cooked for about 4 - 5 hours, and it was so nice to be able to set it and forget it!


This came out great!

Filling and packed with veggies!

Also stays great in the fridge for the week, or frozen to keep for longer! 

This recipe can totally be switched up and tweaked anyway you'd like! Different veggies, you could do a beef stew version, regular noodles, or none at all! Let me know how you make yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment