Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Tahini Bites!

These Tahini Bites are perfect for a quick, healthy snack! They will fill you up and keep you fuled! And they are so simple to make!

Mine had four ingredients:


-1 jar of tahini
- milk powder (I used condensed  low fat milk for this trial)
- dark chocolate chips
- shaved coconut

I used the entire jar of tahini, 1/4 cup of the condensed milk, chocolate chips and shaved coconut as desired!


Mix all ingredients into one bowl:


You want to create the consistency of cookie dough. 

You can create ball-shaped (like cookies) or I decided to do "brownie style" by putting the mix into a flat tray:


Pop this in the freezer for about 30 minutes, and then refrigerate after that. 

Once it hardened, I cut mine into Tahini Bites:


Keep these in the fridge as a great fast, filling snack! 

I love these because they give you the feeling that you are eating straight up peanut butter and the dark chocolate adds a great crunch! 

You can vary this recipe by adding dried fruit, nuts, or plain!

For my next batch I will use the milk powder because it will help maintain better structure for the tahini. This batch will last me a while, but I will re-post when I use the powder! 

Prep these for your busy schedule or even use them as a savory dessert!





No comments:

Post a Comment