Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Avocado Egg Bake!

Here's a new breakfast (or any meal!) idea that I tried out on Sunday! 


Baked avocado with egg, cracked pepper and sprinkled with Parmesan!

I started by cutting open the avocados in half and removing the pit:


Then, to make room for the egg I scooped out some of the avocado:


While they were baking I snacked on the avocado insides with lemon juice and salt!

I lined a Pyrex dish with foil and placed the avocados in it:


I cracked the eggs and poured them into the avocados and added cracked black pepper:



I didn't scoop out enough of the avocado, so some of the egg whites spilled out (glad I had the tin foil!) but I threw them in the oven just like that, at 450.

I let them bake for about 20/25 minutes, before I pulled them out, I sprinkled them with some shredded Parmesan:


Once the cheese was melted, I pulled out the dish. 

I think I may have baked them a little longer than I should have. I tend to like a runnier yolk, but these were definitely cooked all the way through! So maybe next times will shoot for 15 minutes in the oven. 

These we're packed with protein and kept me full for a while!

Have you tried a new breakfast recently?

1 comment:

  1. i have a bunch of avocados to use up--will have to give this a try! Thanx :)
    Qui

    ReplyDelete