Monday, July 8, 2013

Meal Prep: New Chili Attempt!

I am a huge fan of my turkey chili! I make it for our house almost every other week! 

This week was a little different...

We had so much left over sausage from our 4th of July BBQ I decided to chop it up and use that instead of ground turkey!

Here's what I started with: 

 
-1 can diced tomatoes
-1 can black beans
-1 can kidney beans
-1 can chili peppers
-1/2 can of jalapeños
-2 fresh bell peppers
-2 fresh carrots 

Next, I cut up a package of sausages that had been left over: 


I basically quartered the sausages and then added them to the batch of ingredients:


First I brought everything to a boil, and after that, let it simmer for a few hours ( I don't have a crockpot yet!). 

It got a little more soupy than the traditional ground turkey recipe. I think the sausages sweat out more than the turkey. 

In the end it came out great!

 
Simple and yummy! What more could you ask for!?

What's your favorite chili recipe!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment