Friday, September 6, 2013

Fit Friday: On Campus (Or Anywhere!) Workout!


So, I have been getting back into the swing of things with a new school schedule (at two different campuses!) and trying to fit in my work, internship, and of course fitness!

Yesterday I had a morning chemistry lab, followed by a lecture. I had about an hour long break in between and decided to fit my sweat session in right then and there! 

I decided to do up hill sprints with a mini circuit in between!

Here it goes: 


I would sprint up this hill (I designated two specific signs to mark my start and end points).

Near the top of the hill was a spot on the parking garage that worked perfectly for my mini circuit:


Here's my circuit:

-20 ledge push ups: keeping elbows in close to sides, bringing chest as close to the ledge as possible.

-20 ledge triceps dips: I kept legs bent to get good range of motion on my dips.

-15 side step ups with a knee drive on each side:


Start with one leg on ledge and step up:


Next, drive your knee up towards your chest!

Last piece of the circuit is:

-20 calf raises: 


I used the ledge for stability (I was pretty tired by this step in the circuit) and preformed 20 calf raises.

After the circuit I would run back down the hill to my "starting mark" and repeated 5 times! 

It was super hot out already and this one had me sweatin':


Let me tell you, today my triceps, calves, and glutes are screaming! 

I want to point out that I used NO equipment and still got a killer workout with tons of sweat! And when your schedule gets packed like mine, use your resources and do what you can, when you can, wherever you can! 

Here's the circuit overview:
- Hill sprint
-20 ledge push-ups
-20 ledge triceps dips
-15 side step ups w/ knee drive (each leg)
-20 calf raises
-REPEAT! (I did 5 times, but if 3 or 4 is all you have time for/are comfortable doing, just go for it!)

A little bit goes a long way! So get outside, get some Vitamin D and get your sweat on! 


No comments:

Post a Comment