Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Favorite Bars of the Moment!

I am not a HUGE fan of protein/meal replacement bars because I believe we need to get our nutrients from fresh, real, whole foods. However, when in a pinch a bar can be a great alternative and can often provide a healthier choice when on the run!

These are my two favorite bars of the moment:




These Think Thin bars have 0 grams of sugar! 

Sugar is one of the major things to look at when choosing a bar. Bars may look small, but they can often be packed with sugar! You definitely do not want to be snacking on tons of sugar!

These bars also have 20 grams of protein! This is a great way to keep you full for a longer period of time.

My favorite flavors are: Brownie Crunch and Creamy Peanut Butter!

The other bars I'm loving are made by Balance:


These Balance Bars are gluten free and pack 13 grams of protein! 

Their flavors are super yummy too: Dark Chocolate Crunch and Dark Chocolate Coconut! They practically taste like a sweet treat rather than a meal bar! 

Both of these brands can be found for pretty cheap, about $1 per bar! 

I keep one in my purse, backpack or the car, at all times! That way if I'm ever caught feeling hungry when I'm on the go, then I know I have a healthy, quick option.

Sometimes I eat a couple bites or half of a bar before a morning workout so that I have some fuel for my body to burn off!

Are you digging any bars lately?!

No comments:

Post a Comment