Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Easy Last Minute Thanksgiving Appetizer: Bacon Wrapped Scallops!

Can you say yuuuuuum?!

I mean, basically anything wrapped in bacon is delicious in my book! 

This appetizer really doesn't take much effort and basically only has two ingredients:
 For a batch of 12
- 1 package of all-natural bacon
- 12 large sea scallops
- salt and pepper

For each scallop I wrapped one piece of bacon completely around it and fastened with a tooth pick. There were a couple of smaller scallops so I decided to just use half a strip on bacon for those and maximize the outcome!

Once they were all wrapped up I sprinkled them with some cracked black pepper and sea salt:


Next, I sprayed a baking sheet with some non-stick spray and popped them in the oven at 350:


These took about 40 minutes in the oven and I flipped them once towards the end to try and get the bacon a little more crispy on each side. 

So good!


I didn't make a sauce or anything (skipping out on extra calories) and I really don't think they needed them! The scallops stayed juicy and the bacon had plenty of flavor to satisfy! 

Like I said, easy! And I bet these items will still be available at the grocery store! 

You can't beat bacon!

Are you making any apps for Thanksgiving this year?!




No comments:

Post a Comment