Thursday, April 5, 2012

New Trend for the Vend?

I was pleasantly surprised the other day when I walked into the locker room at our campus gym. There was a "healthier choice" vending machine! 


I thought this was pretty cool and was excited to see what this Sprout machine had to offer!
(Keep in mind I can't remember the last time I even looked into a vending machine, let alone bought something from one!)






They offer a selection of "healthier" chips like baked styles and Stacy's pita chips. They also had some Open Nature cheese-it type crackers (I love a good cheese-it!). 

For drinks there were some organic sodas and milks along with soy milk and coconut water.

OK, so I wasn't super impressed, but I guess I can't expect to see apples and bananas dropping down from a metal coil in a machine!

I am however glad to see that there are major steps being taken to provide a healthier choice that is also quite convenient.

The one thing I forgot to do was check the prices of these items! They may not be as cheap as the usual fixings, but prices are high now a days anyway and I can contest to the fact that it is in fact worth it to spend a little extra to get something better for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment