Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Treadmill Tip

On Tuesdays I have a long break in between classes so I take advantage of that time to work out!

Today it was raining so it was great to be able to use our campus gym for their treadmill. I definitely prefer taking a run outside, but when in need, its the treadmill indeed! 


The treadmill is a great way to keep track of how far you have gone, how many calories you have burned, and even what your heart rate is! However, there is one thing I would like to point out. I did notice a few fellow runners around me did not have their treadmill on any incline. While running on a treadmill is great, it may effect the way you run or even slow you down once you are able to hit the pavement. The treadmill is a much softer surface which is good for your knees, but it does not give the same resistance as running on the sidewalk or a path.

So, just be sure to have your incline set at least at 1, but I usually use 2. There will be buttons that are either labeled "incline" or "level" and use the up arrows.

If you are not into running, but like to use the treadmill for walking, I challenge you to pump it up even more! Increase the incline for yourself little by little and you are sure to have a better, more satisfying work out!

This can even be done on other machines like the elliptical! If you are not a fan of the treadmill, or they are all taken at the gym, increase your incline/level on other machines and take your fitness to the next level!

No comments:

Post a Comment