Monday, August 19, 2013

Long Weekend Away and Staying Active!

This past weekend, my step brother Joe got married to his long time girl, Jessie. It all took place in a rural part of Vermont at Blueberry Hill Inn.

When I say rural, I mean rural, we camped for the wedding weekend!


It was fun to have a mini camping compound with my fam :) 

The hard part about traveling for any amount of time is staying on track with food and exercise! For this trip, camping was helpful because we got to be active in the outdoors. There were tons of activities to do which kept people entertained and burning calories!

The food on the other hand, was a little harder to control! But it is always fun to live a little during wedding season!

Here's what I got after during our few days at Blueberry Hill:

Friday night was the rehearsal dinner and I had tons of fun dominating on the badminton court!


That's right, I got down in my dress! I hadn't played badminton since probably high school, but it was super fun, and good cardio! 

Saturday morning, the day of the wedding, some of my family and I took about a 2 hour hike:


There were tons of trails all around Blueberry Hill and great sights to see:



The day was beautiful and the fresh morning air was great!

After hiking, a big group of us played a few rounds of volleyball up until it was time to get ready for the ceremony! ( I'm bummed I didn't get any pics of volley time!) But, we had a blast and got some more great cardio!

The wedding was fantastic, and of course we danced, a lot!

On Sunday it was time to head back to Boston!

I was able to squeeze in a three mile run along with a mini bench work out by the ship yard in Charlestown:


And of course, fresh, boiled lobstah for dinnah! 

A good lobster is hard to come by in Cali ( at least I haven't had a fabulous one yet) so I try to make it a point to get a delish lobster dinner when I'm back on the east coast! So yummy! 

All in all, it can be difficult to stay on a healthy track while traveling, vacationing, or just wedding season alone! So, my point is to try and sneak in activities when/where you can so that you are able to enjoy yourself and indulge a little! 

What's your trick to staying on track while traveling?


 



No comments:

Post a Comment