Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Zucchini "Pasta" With Ground Turkey Sauce!

Craving a pasta dinner, but don't want to have the heaviness of noodles? 

Try my zucchini "pasta"!

First I took about 4 or 5 zucchini and shredded them with a veggie peeler:


After they were all peeled I threw them all in a heated pan with olive oil and red pepper flakes:


Stir occasionally:


As the zucchini was cooking, I started up some ground turkey:


As the turkey was cooking I added some broccoli, which would soon be part of the sauce:


Once the turkey and broccoli start cooking up I added some sauce (bought it at Trader Joes):


After everything was all cooked up I topped the zucchini "noodles" with the ground turkey sauce:



Delish! All the satisfaction of a pasta dish, but more veggies packed in! 

This dish was still filling, but without the bogged down feeling of a ton of pasta! 

You can mix it up with any type of sauce, or do it vegetarian style!

1 comment:

  1. I get it! Looks fabulous! I have zucchini in the fridge. Gonna make some now! Thanks Fit Foodie, Bye!

    ReplyDelete