Monday, August 12, 2013

Spice It Up With Salsa!

I love a yummy, chunky, somewhat spicy, tomato salsa!

Salsas are obviously great for dipping chips, and topping nachos, but here's what I've been topping lately: 

1st cook up a couple eggs:


After flipping I added a slice of 2% Provolone to melt a little, and then of course salsa!


I like to add the salsa while everything is still cooking so that it can get warmed up and not cool down the entire meal.

Lastly, once the eggs a plated I add some avo:


I love this breakfast! It's simple, yet super satisfying! 

Other things that I love adding salsa to are salads:


The salsa can totally take the place of dressing and add great flavor! Or if you are like me, you can add diced jalapeƱos for even more of a kick!

Using salsa as a topper helps you get rid of the pesky bottom of the jar salsa, left over from that chips and salsa at the BBQ you had. Also, it's a perfect way to sneak in more veggies and add some spice!

What do you put salsa on?!




No comments:

Post a Comment