Monday, October 21, 2013

Spaghetti Squash "Pasta"!

If you haven't figured out yet, I am a huge fan of creating healthy Italian inspired meals!

Here's how I made my spaghetti squash pasta dish:

Start out with one whole spaghetti squash:


Preheate the oven to 350 and stick the whole squash in on a baking sheet:


I let the squash bake for a bit before cutting it, since it was WAY too hard at first :) so when it is partially baked, pull it out of the oven and slice it in half and put it back in the oven:


I put it in cut side up, but I think you can do it either way. 


When the squash was getting close to done, I started to heat up a skillet with olive oil and some seasoning for the "pasta" fixins:


Tonight's was fresh green beans and chicken meatballs:


As those are cooking up, I took the spaghetti squash out and started shredding it!


I shredded both halves and got so much "pasta"!


For the sauce I used some fresh pesto from the refrigerated section at the store:


I threw about half of the container in the skillet with the meatballs and green beans, and that was that!


This came out so great! The feeling of eating a big plate of pasta with out the bloated feelings later! 

And did I mention the spaghetti squash was only 99 cents?! A lot of bang for your buck! We had lots of spaghetti squash left over.

What I also love about this meal is it can be done multiple ways, so look out for my recipes for leftovers!


















No comments:

Post a Comment