Thursday, October 17, 2013

Winner Winner! Chicken Dinner!

Here's a healthy Italian style chicken dinner!

My portions will make a hearty dinner for two :)

Start by peeling up four small squash:



Once that's done start heating up a skillet with olive oil and red chili flakes:


After it has gotten nice and hot, add the peeled squash "pasta" and veggie of your choice (mine was broccoli!):


While those start cooking up I get out two skinless chicken breasts:


I don't know why that's upside down? Hehe

Anyway, I throw them into a separate skillet with olive oil, some Mrs. Dash and fresh ground pepper:


I like when the chicken gets I little brown on the outside! Cooking each side as needed:


When they are getting close to done add a little sauce of your choice (mine was plain diced tomatoes in garlic and olive oil) to your "pasta":


And Winner Winner!


This meal was filling, delicious, and fiancé approved! I grew up with Italian food, so it has always been my favorite so I am glad to be able to make some healthier options :)

What about you?!




No comments:

Post a Comment