Thursday, June 27, 2013

Easy Post-workout Breakfast & Summer Salad!

It has been super hot in Santa Cruz lately! So when it comes to food, something cool and refreshing is where it's at! 

After this morning's kickboxing class I was hot and hungry! 

Here's a great cool combo that took no effort at all!


I previously hard boiled eggs for the week and had them stashed in the fridge (makes things so easy)!

The yogurt I had was Non-Fat Greek by Oikos.


I hadn't tried this brand yet, but it was on sale this week so I decided to try them out! The black cherry flavor was super yummy and perfect for a summer morning.

This breakfast provided me with good protein for recovery after my workout. 

Then on to lunch! Nothing says summer like a crisp, refreshing salad!

Today I used simple mixed greens with fresh cut tomatoes, topped with a tuna salad:

 
This totally hit the spot! 

For the tuna salad I used yellow mustard (good low cal alternative to mayo), diced pickles, diced red peppers (right from the pickle jar), and diced jalapeños!

I lightly dressed the mixed greens with some olive oil, but it didn't need a lot since the tuna would add great flavor.

The jalapeños were the perfect addition to the tuna and gave some nice spice!

What are your go to cool meals!?

No comments:

Post a Comment