Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summertime Snacking & Yummy Breakfast of the week!

I love how much yummy produce becomes available in the summertime! 

Some of my favorite snacks right now....


A half avocado (or a whole!) sprinkled with sea salt and fresh ground pepper! Sometimes I add hot sauce too :)

Avocados are filled with healthy fats that take longer for your body to digest, therefore keeping you fuller, longer.  

Also right now:


Fresh fruit!! I have already professed my love for berry season, I could snack on them all day!

Peaches and nectarine are also some of my summer favorites.

Snacking on fruits provides you with antioxidants, vitamins, and dietary fiber!

Yummy breakfast of the week...


Egg white omelette stuffed with 2% provolone and fresh tomatoes, topped with home made guacamole! We had made the guacamole the night before with a bunch of bacon avocados given to us by a dear friend and owner of Hunter Hill Winery! We used about 5 avocados, fresh minced garlic, diced jalapeños, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper.

The guacamole is the perfect way to spice up lots of dishes!

What are your summertime snacks?!



No comments:

Post a Comment