Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday Runday: Ocean View Bike Path Run!

Happy Sunday Runday! Hope you can find time to get out there today! 

I set out to do a light run today since I've had some big workouts this week. So, I took a little different route and ended up on a bike path overlooking the ocean!


The great views  lured me over and then I stumbled on some awesome bike jumps!


I was stoked to do a little "par-core" running and mix things up! No one was around so I used the bike jumps to work on some speed and balance. I felt like I was on American Ninja Warrior! 

I didn't do any jumping to save my knees, but it was cool running back and forth quickly and testing my agility! 

Well, and the view didn't suck...


Once I was home I made up a quick breakfast:

1/2 Whole Wheat English Muffin
1 cooked egg
1 slice 2% Provolone Cheese
1/2 local bacon avocado ( given to me yesterday by a friend of mine who grows them on her vineyard!)



 It was super yummy post run food and filled me up! 

Avocados are great because they provide healthy fats, which fill us up, and take longer to digest, so we stay full and satisfied longer!

I had never had a "bacon" avocado either! Hass is usually the brand available in stores, so I was eager to see how these were. The skin is much thinner and smoother, but they taste great! Theres nothing like local produce :)

Have you ever had a "bacon" avocado?

What other types have you tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment