Sunday, April 21, 2013

Spice up Sunday Runday and Protein Pancakes!

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you find time to get out and enjoy the day!

This morning I did a 4mi run and decided to spice it up a bit at my half way point!

At mile 2...

I took some time to stretch:



Then used a bench for push ups, triceps dips, and step ups! 




-20 push ups
-10 triceps dips
-20 quick step ups (on each side)
-Rest
-Repeat 2 - 3 times

Its fun mixing up the usual run and hitting different muscle groups to get a well-rounded workout! 



Once I was back home,  I decided to try something I hadn't ever done...Oatmeal Protein Pancakes!

I found a super simple and quick recipe on line and just went for it:

-1/3 cup dry oatmeal
-4 egg whites
-1 scoop protein powder
-1 banana
-non stick spray (for cooking)



I used All Whites liquid egg whites (1/3c x 2) and chocolate protein powder. You can use fresh eggs and any other flavor powder you'd like. Also, you can substitute the banana for any type of fruit (or none at all). What is great is that I had all of these ingredients on hand! 

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and then transfer to heated cooking pan (with non-stick spray). It takes literally 5 minutes (about 2 1/2 on each side) for these babies to cook! 

Since I did not use an electric blender (I mixed by hand) the mixture came out a little watery so I ended up with 2 large pancakes that were a little thin and definitely not uniform in shape! Haha


They may look like something out of a Dr. Seuss book, but I assure you they were super tasty!! The cooked bananas in the cakes and the chocolate flavored protein powder made them sweet enough for me so I didn't feel the need to add anything on top.

Do you have a favorite pancake recipe!?

No comments:

Post a Comment