Monday, May 20, 2013

I love Berry Season!


The berries are going off this time of year and I can't get enough! 

Here in Santa Cruz County we are so lucky to be surrounded by some of the best berries in the nation!

Driscoll's is a local berry farm, which I love being able to support on a regular basis. I lucked out this week because all types of berries were on sale! I stocked up on strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries! Yum! 

I'll be honest, I finished off the whole vat of raspberries while putting away the groceries!

Not only are these fruits super tasty, they provide us with tons of vitamins! 

According to Driscoll's website:

-Their strawberries contain 160% of our daily vitamin C needs in 1 cup! More than an orange!

-A cup of their raspberries provides 44% of daily vitamin C and they are high in fiber, more than a bran muffin!

-Blueberries are packed with antioxidants and can help with vision and brain function!

-Blackberries contain phytonutrients that may protect against cancer!

Also, every 1 cup serving of these berries is less than 60 calories! 

You can check out Driscoll's nutrition page for more info: http://www.driscolls.com/nutrition-health/berry-nutrition-facts

So, take advantage of the summer season and stock up on some berries!!

What is your favorite berry?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment