Saturday, March 30, 2013

Back from the Big Island!

Holy cow! It feels like its been forever since my last post! 

Over the last couple weeks I have taken 1 quiz, 4 midterms and submitted a huge case study for school! All was worth it because after that it was SPRING BREAK BABY!

My fiance and I took a nice little trip to Kona, on the Big Island of Hawaii! Much needed and much deserved! 



It is really hard to keep up on health and fitness while traveling, so I made sure to bring my sneakers because, running is free and can be done virtually anywhere!



The weather was great and temperatures were hot, so I usually woke up very early in the morning, giving me a great time to sneak in a jog around the town, and then have the WHOLE day ahead of us! 

I have always been a fan of working out first thing in the morning. It helps me wake up and get my day started, and I love knowing I have the rest of the day to do what I want (like hang on the beach!).



One of the days on our trip we took a pretty intense hike with a tour group lead by a couple of locals. The carrot dangling in front of us on this 10 mile excursion!? MOLTEN LAVA!

In this picture the lava flow is running into the ocean! 



If you ever get the chance to do an excursion like this, DO IT! It was one of the highlights of our trip and was a great way to stay active! 

This is the surface flow we got to see, SO COOL! Also, it just so happened to be a full moon! Priceless! 


The terrain, being that it was hardened lava, was pretty uneven and hard to walk on, which gave us even more of a challenge on this tour.

This stuff was no joke!
 


Our feet were so sore, but it was totally worth it!

What activities do you do on vacay to stay on track?

Do you like working out in the morning? Mid day? Night time?

No comments:

Post a Comment