Monday, March 4, 2013

Egg White Baked Casserole

Here's another great idea for a weekly meal prep: Baked Egg White Casserole! 

This was my first attempt at making it, but I'd have to say it came out pretty good! 

It has minimal ingredients and takes very little time to prepare:




What I used:
-1 carton of 100% egg whites
-3/4 package of non-fat feta cheese crumbles
-1/2 a bunch of spinach (chopped)
-1/2 red bell pepper (cubed)

Literally that is it!

I first put all the spinach in a microwave safe bowl and let it cook for just about 40 seconds, so that it would wilt and be easier to work with. Next, I added in the chopped red bell pepper and feta cheese crumbles:




Next I added 2 cups of the egg whites (1 carton) and mixed all together.

I preheated the oven to 350 degrees while I was doing the minimal prep-work.

Then I used PAM non-stick spray for the bottom and edges of my Pyrex dish that would then go into the oven:




Because I used a good amount of egg whites, the baking took a bit of time (a little over an hour). Also, the whites did rise up a god deal, so I periodically punched it down with a fork.

In the end it turned out great:





Yum! I baked it until it became brown on the top and the egg whites were thoroughly cooked in the middle.

Lastly, I portioned out small pieces to stash in the fridge for the rest of the week!

Not bad, huh?! Tasty, simple, quick, and will have you covered all week long! 

What else would you add to your egg white bake?

No comments:

Post a Comment