Monday, March 11, 2013

Cauliflower Pizza Crust!

I had a special request to attempt a cauliflower pizza crust and report back! So, I made my attempt last night! 

It was all pretty simple to do, and allowed me to be creative with what ever else I wanted to add to it!

I made a double batch because we were pretty hungry, and who doesn't like cold pizza in the morning!? 

I started out with a head of cauliflower, mozzarella cheese, and eggs:




We don't have a food processor, we chopped it up as finely as possible:


For one batch (about 4 pieces of pizza), all you need is:
-1 cup finely chopped cauliflour
-1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
-1 egg
-any spices you may want to add

I doubled the recipe for us, and mixed it all together in a medium sized bowl:



I have an "Italian Seasoning Grinder" that I used while mixing to add some more flavor.

Once everything was mixed together, I used PAM non-stick spray on a cookie sheet and spread out all of the dough:



(Reef was awarded some cheese for being a good helper!) 

Pre-heat the oven to 450. For a single batch let crust bake for 12-15 minutes, my double batch took about 20 minutes.

While the crust was baking I prepped my toppings:


-1 green bell pepper
-handful of black olives
-left over cooked chicken (made it so easy!)

Once the crust was out of the oven I added plain tomato sauce (about 1/3 can):



Then topped it off with mozzarella, chopped olives, green bell pepper, and the chicken!

I brought the oven temp down to 400 and let the pizza cook until the edges were golden brown and cheese was good and melted:



The pizza turned out great and was Fiance approved!

The only thing I will do differently next time is make 2 smaller crusts so that the middle gets more crispy (it was a bit soggy after all the toppings, etc.).

This is a great way to get in your veggies and get creative in the kitchen!! You can add whatever sauce, cheese, and toppings that you want!

Make pizza night a healthy night!

No comments:

Post a Comment