Tuesday, February 26, 2013

First Turkey Chili Attempt!

Right now I am really into meal/snack prepping for the week, so this time I decided to try a big batch of Turkey Chili!

I got the idea from Jess @ Blonde Ponytail Fitness and decided to make my own little variation. 

It only takes a handful of ingredients most of which a practically prepared already:



I used:
-1 lb of lean ground turkey meat
-2 cans of beans (one black one pinto)
-2 cans of diced tomatoes
-1 carrot, peeled and diced
-1 green bell pepper, diced
-1 can green chilies
-1 can diced jalepenos
-chili powder as needed

The prep time is about 5-10 minutes! All I had to do was prepare the bell pepper and carrot and crack open a few cans!




I have yet to purchase a crockpot, so I put all of the ingredients into a large saucepan for the stove. I added the raw, ground turkey in last (it will be cooked thoroughly during the simmer). Brought everything to a boil on high, and then brought it down to a simmer and let it cook for about 2-3 hours.

And ta-da!





Now we have a great deal of chili to last through the week and it hardly took anytime at all!

This is a great dish with lots of protein that will keep you nice and full! Also, you can get creative and add whatever else suits your fancy; more veggies (great way to sneak them in), spices, legumes, you can even make it vegetarian style, just add more beans!

Do you have a favorite chili recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment