Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Quick Pre-workout Fuel

If you are like me, you tend to push the snooze button one too many times, especially those Monday mornings! 

This is often the case for me so my mornings can be a little rushed, but one thing I MUST do is eat a little breakfast. So, something quick and easy is just what I need!

Lately I have been on a peanut butter/ English muffin kick!





I like this because its simple, but fuels me up with carbs and protein for my morning workouts! 

I just toast up half a Thomas Light Multigrain English Muffin (only 50 calories!) and spread about a serving of peanut butter on top!

While it's toasting I have time to do other things to get ready for my day!

I have been using Skippy...I know, I know, SKIPPY?! Yes, Skippy! They came out with a "Natural" peanut butter with 1/3 less sodium and sugar! I love this because its super tasty, not super oily and only has the bear-minimum of ingredients: roasted peanuts, palm oil, sugar, and salt. It also happens to be super cheap :) gotta love that! 


Breakfast is an essential part of our diet, so please take the time to fit in a little grub! ESPECIALLY if you are going to a morning workout! Your body needs fuel to get through a sweat session and eating before a workout will help your intensity and allow you to keep up endurance!

Even if you arn't going straight to a workout, eating breakfast will get your metabolism going for the day and will help you eat less calories during they day over all!

What is your favorite easy breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment